Monday, July 25, 2016

Worldwide Genealogy: Incorporating and Integrating Evernote into My Research Process

I contribute a blog post once every other month on the 25th to Worldwide Genealogy -- A Genealogical Collaboration. I've begun incorporating Evernote into my research process due to my dissatisfaction with how the transcription of a document displays using "new" Ancestry.com.

This is a source citation I created from a non-Ancestry.com document I found on ScotlandsPeople. When I click the source link from the Sources column on the facts tab, the text is all jumbled and difficult to read:

Citation details of Robert Orr Muir's 1917 death registration; citation created by
me; image courtesy of Ancestry.com

This is not the entire Evernote "note" but it should give you an idea of how much better the display of the transcription information is than the two options Ancestry.com provides.

My Evernote public note about the death of Robert Orr Muir; image
courtesy of Evernote

I know I'm late to the Evernote party, but I would very much like to know how are you integrating Evernote with your your family tree software? I hope you will click over to my post for more details.

_______________
Incorporating Evernote into My Research Process

No comments:

Post a Comment