Saturday, January 25, 2014

Worldwide Genealogy -- A Genealogical Collaboration


I first heard about Worldwide Genealogy -- A Genealogical Collaboration from Fran Ellsworth, author of the Branching Out Through the Years blog. She sent me to Julie Goucher, of Anglers Rest, who told me there was one spot available -- the 25th. So on the 25th day of every month, I will be contributing a post. The premise of the collaboration is that different authors from all over the world write a post every day of the year about genealogy, local or family history.

Today, is my day and my first post. I'm introducing myself and how I got obsessed by genealogy. I hope you'll click over to the site to read it...Hello from the Old Dominion.


My middle brother, me (holding our dog) and Dad at Harpers Ferry sometime before 1968. Dad probably was researching his grandfather's Civil War experience or we just took a day trip; we did that a lot. I do remember Ted and I skinny dipped in the Shenandoah River that day!


A list of my fellow contributors may be found here.

2 comments:

  1. I hopped over to World Wide Genealogy and read your first post. Excellent! I hope your dad is doing well and I'm sure he appreciates that you've taken over as family historian! His hard work continues! Good luck on your monthly posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dad is doing great! Thanks for thinking of him. He does seem to enjoy our conversations about family history.

      Delete